Nationwide placemaker, Muse, and Bury Council have announced dates for the first community conversation on plans to create a new destination for Prestwich. Your Prestwich is an ambitious £100m+ project that will transform the Longfield Centre and cement Prestwich as one of the best places to live in the North West.
The community conversation will formally launch in January and provide information on the emerging vision and concept designs for the regeneration of Prestwich Village centre. Local people will have plenty of opportunities to get involved in shaping the plans:
- Attend a drop-in session on Sunday 29th January 2023, 11am – 3pm at Prestwich Library, Longfield Centre, Prestwich, Manchester M25 1AY, where the project team will be on hand to discuss the scheme
- Sign up for an online Q&A at www.yourprestwich.com on Wednesday 1st February 2023, 6:30pm – 8:30pm where you can learn more about the plans and ask the project team questions
- Register your interest in attending a stakeholder workshop at www.yp.withcotton.co.uk
- Complete an online questionnaire www.yp.withcotton.co.uk that will go live in January 2023
- Fill in a freepost questionnaire in a newsletter being delivered to all Prestwich addresses in January
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0800 689 1095
- Write to ‘Freepost HAVE YOUR SAY’ (no further address or stamp needed)
- Follow social channels – Twitter @YourPrestwich | Instagram @yourprestwich | Facebook @YourPrestwich
The announcement of the 2023 conversation follows Bury Council and Muse forming the Prestwich Regeneration LLP joint venture (JV) in November 2022 to accelerate the transformation of the Longfield centre.
The first conversation will end on Friday 17th March 2023, with the feedback being used to help the JV develop the vision for Prestwich Village. The JV then plans to hold a further conversation on the detailed proposals for Your Prestwich in Summer 2023 before submitting a planning application by Autumn 2023.
Stuart Rogers, project director at Muse, said:
“We know that the local community is excited to get involved in shaping the future of Prestwich Village so it’s great to be able to set out our plans for the first community conversation early next year.
“This is a once in a generation opportunity to deliver a new beating heart for Prestwich that appeals to everyone, delivers significant local benefits through investment and jobs, and solidifies the village as one of the most sought after places to live in the region.
“Together, we want to create new spaces to help people and businesses to thrive, with a mix of high-quality homes and family-friendly spaces, as well as a new community hub that promotes health and wellbeing and provides key local services. Getting local feedback will be crucial in helping us develop the plans and we’d encourage everyone to get involved, so we can create an inclusive place that we can all be proud of.”
Cllr Eamonn O’Brien, leader of Bury Council said:
“These are huge proposals which will transform the heart of Prestwich and ensure it thrives for decades to come. It’s essential that everyone plays their part in making it a success, so please come along to the consultation meetings, view the plans and give us your views.”